First and foremost, congratulations on completing the academic school year! And for those of you graduating, I wish you the best as you embark on the next steps of your life outside of the University. I hope you take the knowledge and values you've developed and continue to grow in your respective pursuits.
As final exams approach in the following week, the Office for Student Affairs wants to make sure you're putting your mental health first. Help is always available if you find yourself struggling during this home stretch. Here are a few resources to keep in mind:
- PAWS at RecWell: Monday, May 8th, 12pm-2pm
- PAWS at St. Paul Student Center: Tuesday, May 9th, 1pm-3pm
- PAWS at Boynton Health: Wednesday, May 10th, 2:30pm-4:30pm
- PAWS West Bank at Hanson Hall: Thursday, May 11th, 11:30am-1:30pm
- PAWS at Boynton Health: Wednesday, May 17th, 2:30pm-4:30pm
- PAWS: Monday, May 8th, 12pm-2pm
- Chair Massage in RecWell Lobby: Tuesday, May 9th, 11:30am-1:30pm
- Chair Massage in RecWell Lobby: Thursday, May 12th, 11:30am-1:30pm
- FREE 10 Minute HydroMassage Sessions, FREE Climbing at RecWell Climbing Wall, FREE Group Fitness Classes: ALL WEEK!
Online Screening Assessment: You can take an online screening assessment for depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, generalized anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and alcohol abuse. This free screening is made available to all UMN students and is taken anonymously. The screening is provided so that you may find out—in a few minutes—whether or not a professional consultation would be helpful to you.
Please keep these resources in mind and good luck next week. To those of you returning to us next Fall—we look forward to welcoming you back to campus next semester. Don't forget to take a break to relax and enjoy this beautiful weather!
Danita Brown Young, Ph.D.
Vice Provost and Dean of Students